11.18.2008

soggy shawarma

I miss Montreal.

Including greasy Lebanese fast food - Boustan is absolutely unbeatable. My brief Montreal visit last weekend (new blog post come!) to traipse across the stage in a ceremony of funny hats didn't include garlic potatoes; I figured I'd make up for it today at the food court. As much as I dislike shopping for the sake of shopping, I desperately needed a pair of everyday winter boots to combat slush and cold - it's finally that time of year where my "nice" leather boots stay hidden in the closet until roads have been cleared of snow and salt.

I grabbed a best-of-both-words beef-and-chicken sandwich, all dressed of course. Pickled turnips! Garlic sauce! Mint! But the excitement ended after a few bites. The almost 6$ shawarma from Madina was texturally way off - the garlic sauce was goopy and not smooth, the pickled turnips were soggy, and the beef was... also soggy? I think "mushy" would be the best way to describe it. I'm not sure I want to know how a spit roast would turn mushy...

I'm packing a lunch next time I go shopping.

1 comment:

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

wow, soggy Shawarma? It amazes me sometimes just how badly people can f*** up food...and they expect people to pay for it.